I teach family history and genealogy to local, statewide, nationwide and international audiences:
- Contributing Editor and Book Reviewer, Lisa Louise Cooke’s Genealogy Gems Podcast and website (English-speaking audiences across the U.S., Canada, the U.K, Australia and more);
- Contributing Editor and Genealogy Insider columnist, Family Tree Magazine (U.S.);
- Editor, Ohio Genealogy News;
- Author, My Life & Times: A Guided Journal for Collecting Your Stories (Family Tree Books, 2011);
- Speaker for community and state genealogical societies across Ohio;
- Curriculum development and webinar instructor, Family Tree University;
- Instructor, Community and Continuing Education, Lakeland Community College, Kirtland OH (coming in Spring 2015).
These are some other things I’ve done:
- Instructor, Family Tree University;
- Promotional writing for nonprofits (arts, religion, humanitarian);
- Freelance contributor to LDS Living Magazine and LDS How-to;
- Editorial and project management;
- Historical research, editing, and writing;
- Medical research, interviewing, editing, and writing;
- Musical theater writing and production, nonprofit setting;
- Community resources research and guidebook writing;
- Academic journal copyediting and office management;
- Section editor, collegiate newspaper.
Education, Professional Development & Memberships
- Winner, International Society of Family History Writers & Editors Excellence in Writing Competition: 1st place, Articles, 2012 and 3rd place, Newsletter Editing, 2013.
- BA in History, BA in Humanities, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Graduate coursework, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- Attendance and presentations at writing and genealogy conferences
- Participant, Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh, 2013
- Participation in professional-level memoir group
- Professional Member, Association of Professional Genealogists
- Member, International Society of Family History Writers & Editors
- Member, National Genealogical Society and Ohio Genealogical Society
- I live and work in the Cleveland, Ohio area.
- I am married and have 3 young children.
27694 Parkwood Dr, Euclid OH 44132