Our stories are who we are. I teach people to value, capture and preserve their own life stories. I also teach people to research and share their family histories: the stories that shaped our forebears, who in turn shaped us.
You can read my work in several formats:
- My Life & Times: A Guided Journal for Collecting Your Stories. This beautiful keepsake-quality book that helps you tell your life story or capture someone else’s.
- Lisa Louise Cooke’s Genealogy Gems. As a Contributing Editor here, I write blog posts, appear in podcast episodes and, most recently, recommend fantastic books and interview the authors as coordinator of the popular Genealogy Gems Book Club.
- Family Tree Magazine. As a Contributing Editor, I write articles and columns that appear in print and online (some require additional purchase to read). Click here for a list of specific articles.
- Family Tree University. Learn with online courses, webinars, independent study classes and more! Courses I developed include Courthouse Research Made Easy and Cluster and Collateral Research 101. Click here for a link to several webinars I’ve given. Use my coupon code “FTUMORTON” for $10 off registration for any class at Family Tree University.
- The Expert Series at Archives.com. Read my articles on tracing your family history at this popular genealogy website (no subscription required).